Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
Very simple. Spice this chicken up or down according to your preference. Plan to start the chicken one day before you are going to cook it.
- 3 tablespoons sake or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce (or as much as suits your tastes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 whole green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces, cut breast pieces in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic zip-lock bag. Blend well.
- Add chicken pieces. Close bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours. (I have let the chicken sit for 48 hours - even better!).
- Turn the bag occasionally.
- Heat barbecue grill to med-high.
- Remove the chicken from the plastic bag.
- Pour the contents of the bag into a small saucepan.
- Bring the marinade to a BOIL. Simmer at least 5 minutes. Add a little water if sauce starts to get too thick.
- Throw the chicken on the grill. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn!
- Brush with reserved boiled marinade.
- Cook the chicken until the thigh/leg pieces are 180 degrees and the breasts are 170 degrees.