Recipe by weekend cooker
Found this in an old cookbook of mine. I tried this with a combination of ketchup, and BBQ sauce, and we liked the results.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Wow! This dish is wonderful -- beats green bean casserole any day of the week. DH loved this dish and so did I. Can't wait to try it on Company or take it to a pot luck -- I know it will be a hit. Served it with a rotisserie chicken and some corn, but it would be great with brisket or just about any meat dish. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, September, 2013.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon in skillet until crisp, and then break into pieces, reserving 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- Saute onions in the bacon drippings.
- Combine ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, worcestershire, and salt, and stir into bacon and onions.
- Pour mixture over green beans, and mix lightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until beans are tender.