1 hr 15 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
Got this from another mom. You can make this with or without the barbecue sauce. I also make it without the pepperoni sometimes. It's a nice change to the regular stromboli. Make a pizza sauce or garlice butter dip to go with it. Time does not include making bread dough or thawing frozen dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bread dough, recipe for one loaf bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- italian seasoning (I use Pasta Sprinkle) or basil (I use Pasta Sprinkle)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (more or less to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) package pepperoni slices (you won't use the whole package)
- 1/2-1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1/2-1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (or to taste)
- 1You can use homemade bread dough or frozen bread dough that's been thawed. Roll out bread dough to make a rectangle: roughly 18-20" x 10-12" - dough should be thin.
- 2Melt butter and spread on dough.
- 3Sprinkle garlic and onion powder, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese over entire surface in the given order.
- 4Either spread the BBQ sauce over the entire dough or spread it down the middle, whatever your preference.
- 5Lay the pepperoni the width (long side) of the dough in 2-3 rows.
- 6Place shredded Mozzarella cheese on top of those layers (be careful not to do it too thick or it will 'run out' while baking).
- 7Roll up like you would for cinnamon rolls, sealing edges.
- 8Place seam side down on a cookie sheet lined w/parchment paper.
- 9Let dough rise 45 minutes before baking.
- 10Cut small slits in the top to vent.
- 11You may also brush top with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if so desired.
- 12Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Time depends on your oven. If taken out too soon, it will be doughy in the middle-outside should be a dark (not burned) golden brown color.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Stromboli
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.5
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.3 mg
- Sodium 1525.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: