Recipe by English_Rose
Tender marinated steak kebabs served with a fresh salad and a tangy dressing.
- 1 lb sirloin steaks or 1 lb minute steaks, lean, thinly cut
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oregano, freshly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, Finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, cut in half lengthways and sliced
- 7 ounces endive, leaves rinsed and separated (try to get the red endive leaves)
- 1 -2 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 small shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the steaks in a shallow bowl. Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the steaks.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Prepare the chicory salad; place the cucumber, endive leaves, herbs and shallots in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, horseradish sauce, olive oil and seasoning.
- Pour over the salad and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Thread the steaks onto 4 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water) and cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated broiler for 2-4 minutes, turning occasionally until the meat juices run clear.
- Garnish with extra flat-leaf parsley and serve with the endive salad and foccacia or walnut bread.