Recipe by teresas
This is out of "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook". I have it marked as being excellent! Please note: "NOT FOR SENSITIVE TONGUES" Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by gigabit1
I was looking for another way to prepare fish. My husband's fav is fried. This recipe is killer good and healthy. However, since we are long past middle-age, next time I will cut back a tad on the cayenne. I strongly recommend trying this.
- 4 (8 ounce) white fish fillets, firm
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
combine ingredients below to make the dry marinade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry fish fillets with paper towels and brush with melted butter, set aside.
- To make the dry marinade: Combine all the dry spices and sprinkle over the buttered fish fillets.
- Cook the fillet on a lightly greased grill for 8-10 minutes, tuning once during cooking time.
- Note: You may find it easier to make a double quantity of this dry marinade and store the remaining mixture for later use. Store in a covered airtight jar in the freezer for best results. It adds flavor to seafood, poultry and beef.