Recipe by Patti McD
Though techincally not barbecued by today's standards, these ribs were the best in the world. Today I will often use country style ribs and the sauce works as wel on chicken if you do not eat pork. My father always liked this sauce because it was not sweet like many sauces. He felt sweet was for dessert. I will double or triple the sauce to make them extra juicy.
- 3 lbs pork spareribs
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer ribs in water until tender, about 1 hour. Mix tomato sauce, onion, A-1 sauce, and thyme in bowl.
- Place spareribs in bowl and pour sauce over them.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Broil over grill or in oven until crisp and brown.
- Baste occasionally with sauce.