Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Though technically not barbecued by today's standards, these were my mother's best. My father loves the sauce cause it is not sweet. I will often double or triple the sauce to make them more juicy.
- 3 lbs pork spareribs
- 2 cups water, to cover
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- Simmer ribs in water to cover until tender, about 1 hour.
- Mix tomato sauce, onion, A-1 and thyme in bowl.
- Place ribs in bowl and pour sauce over them.
- Alow to stand 5 minutes and turn occasionally.
- Broil over grill or in oven until crisp and brown.
- Baste occasionally with sauce.