2 hrs 15 mins
This is another Taste of Home magazine recipe that I've prepared. The tangy sauce is oh so good and perfectly seasoned.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lbs pork spareribs, cut in serving size pieces
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Brown the ribs in oi, then place bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 3Saute the onion and celery in butter until tender.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 6Drain the ribs and brush with the sauce.
- 7Continue cooking, uncovered, for about 1 more hour or until the ribs are tender.
- 8Baste frequently with the sauce while cooking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1486.2
- Calories from Fat 1082
- Total Fat 120.2 g
- Saturated Fat 44.1 g
- Cholesterol 363.9 mg
- Sodium 942.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 78.6 g