Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with corn on the cob and potato salad. Mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and green, yellow or red pepper pieces could also be added to each skewer.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into strips about 1 1/2-inches long and 3/4-inch thick. Combine remaining ingredients in a glass dish. Stir chicken into marinade. Cover and chill for 3 to 6 hours. Drain off marinade and thread chicken strips lengthwise onto skewers. Grill over hot coals for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
I made this using 2 large chicken breast, that I sliced, added it to the marinade along with chunks of onion and green pepper. The only thing I changed to the marinade was to leave out the rosemary, due stong dislike of it. I let the meat/veggies marinade through the day and then skewered the chicken and veggies and cooked on the grill. Served with a chicken rice and green beans for a wonderful meal. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats!!!
We didn't do skewers. I had not too big boneless skinless chicken breasts. They were in the marinade overnight. They were moist. And next time I would add a bit more garlic and wine. Thanks CaliforniaJan. Made for Holiday Tag.
This is outstanding chicken for the grill. Loved, Loved, Loved the flavor. Served with some brown rice and corn on the cob and it was simply YUM. Glad I tagged this Jan and made for PhotoForum.