Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Perfectly marinated and barbecued shrimp served with a rich garlic mayonnaise. Another recipe from the Sizzling Grills and Spectacular Salads cookbook.
Ingredients for Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk (large)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
Ingredients for Seafood Marinade
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 18 fresh uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails intact)
- Garlic Mayonnaise: Process first 5 ingredients in blender or food processor for about 2 minutes until creamy. With motor running, slowly pour 3/4 cup cooking oil through hole in lid until mixture is pale and thickened. Transfer to small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Makes about 1 cup mayonnaise. Tip: The Garlic Mayonnaise can be made 1 or 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Seafood Marinade: Combine the 5 marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Makes about 1/3 cup.
- Add shrimp. Toss until coated. Cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium. Cook shrimp on greased grill for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally; until shrimp are pink. Do not overcook. Serve with Garlic Mayonnaise.
Magnificent! Used hot chili infused oil (in marinade) so had a little zip which I loved. Used some zest in the mayo too. Easy, quick, and delicious. For photo tag.
Company's Coming makes some of the best recipes - I also bought this cookbook and this is one of my favourites - so easy, so good!
Absolutely delighful! I made the full amount of mayonnaisse along with half the amount of shrimp and served along with a fish fillet and salad. The mayonnaisse went wonderfully with all three.