Recipe by Transylmania
This is a great recipe that I put together based on a favorite dish at a local restaurant. Usually I would use olive oil in a dish like this, but the butter really makes it. For the crushed red pepper I use a Portuguese product called pimenta moida that is usually marketed in the U.S. by the Goncalves company. If it is not available use Asian red chili and garlic paste and cut back a little bit on it. Preparation time includes marinating.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shells and tails still attached
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed in a mortar and pestle with salt
- 1 piece gingerroot, 1/2 inch, finely grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 lemons, juice of, only
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except for shrimp.
- Put shrimp in a container and pour marinade over.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp.
- Cook on a barbecue or under the boiler for about 10 minutes. Baste twice with the remaining marinade.
- Great served with french fries or rice and a salad.