This is a great recipe that I put together based on a favorite dish at a local restaurant. Usually I would use olive oil in a dish like this, but the butter really makes it. For the crushed red pepper I use a Portuguese product called pimenta moida that is usually marketed in the U.S. by the Goncalves company. If it is not available use Asian red chili and garlic paste and cut back a little bit on it. Preparation time includes marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients except for shrimp.
- 2Put shrimp in a container and pour marinade over.
- 3Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- 4Skewer the shrimp.
- 5Cook on a barbecue or under the boiler for about 10 minutes. Baste twice with the remaining marinade.
- 6Great served with french fries or rice and a salad.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Shrimp Mocambique
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 271.0 mg
- Sodium 446.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: