This is a Wolfgang Puck recipe and it is delicious! I found it again when I was surfing the net - as always, looking for something else, and voila I found it! I had eaten this a long time ago when a friend prepared it for us, my friend left for somewhere in Cuba -- never to be heard of again, more than likely she is very busy trying to build a house for her folks wheeling and dealing, so as to get what she needs -- she doesn't have time to write and then find someone that she trusts to deliver the letter to me! Anyway -- the recipe is truly wonderful! :) Wine pairing: If you're feeling adventurous try a full and oakey Chardonnay from Australia like Rosemount, Petaluma or Lindemans. This dish goes great with a number of the micro brews, such as Anchor Steam, Sierra Nevada or the most popular Samuel Adams.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 12 thin slices sourdough bread
- 473.18 ml baby lettuce
- 226.79 g tomato, cut into 12 thin slices
- 170.09 g bacon, cooked and drained (12 thick slices)
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 1FOR THE SHRIMP:.
- 2Preheat the barbecue or grill.
- 3Sprinkle the vegetable oil over the shrimp.
- 4Grill the shrimp, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side; do not overcook.
- 5Drain and cut each shrimp in half lengthwise.
- 6FOR THE LEMON-BUTTER SAUCE:.
- 7In a medium saucepan, heat the oil & sweat the shallots for about 2 minutes.
- 8Do not brown.
- 9Deglaze the pan with the wine and vinegar and reduce slightly.
- 10Pour in the cream and reduce by half.
- 11Whisk in the butter and strain into a clean pan.
- 12Season with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Keep warm.
- 14FOR EACH SANDWICH:
- 15Spread a little mayonnaise on one slice of bread and arrange a little lettuce on top of the mayonnaise.
- 16Top with three slices of tomato and season with a little salt and pepper, and arrange the bacon on top of the tomatoes.
- 17Top with the second slice of bread, a thin layer of mayonnaise and a little lettuce.
- 18Heat the shrimp (10 halves) in the lemon butter and arrange on the lettuce.
- 19Top with the third slice of bread and cut in half.
- 20Serve immediately.
- 22Cut the sandwiches in halves and serve along with a light salad or fresh French fries.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Shrimp BLT Sandwich With Lemon Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (6685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14137.6
- Calories from Fat 2500
- Total Fat 277.7 g
- Saturated Fat 84.7 g
- Cholesterol 325.9 mg
- Sodium 29330.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2422.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 140.1 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 432.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: