Recipe by pink cook
I love shrimp and pineapple and this combinatiion in kabobs is just fantastic and delicious. Enjoy this recipe.
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce (I use Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled, cooked and deveined
- 1 onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, cut into 2 inch pieces (or use canned chunk pineapple)
- 6 wooden skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart bowl, mix Italian dressing, chili sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and stir to coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drop onion, green and red pepper into boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain and dry thoroughly.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 15 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade.
- On skewers, alternately thread shrimp, pineapple, onion, green and red peppers.
- Grill or broil, turning once and brushing with marinade, cook on one side. Turn and cook other side about 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.