Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- Peel shrimp and cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine garlic, onion powder, cumin and melted butter.
- Marinate shrimp and chicken while preparing grill.
- String shrimp and chicken onto separate skewers. Cook about 5 inches above hot coals, allowing 5 minutes for shrimp and 10 minutes for chicken.
- Turn once or twice while cooking and baste often with remaining marinade.
This was simple and verrrrrrry deliicious. Thanks Belly Up With Bob
This recipe turned out very good. I defrosted chicken breasts & shrimp, but not enough since the marinade hardened which made a bit of a mess (no biggie). The cooking directions were good, I put the chicken on for 5 mins then flipped them for 5 more minutes and put the marinade on them. Butter tends to start a big flame on the BBQ so be careful when flipping and spreading the marinade. I put the shrimp on for the last 5 minutes, but watched them closely since it doesn't take long at all to turn pink (cooked), and the butter was making big flames so I rearranged them a couple times. All in all everything turned out perfect, the grill marks were eye appealing, both chicken & shrimp were juicy and plump. The grill taste of the meat being cooked on the BBQ was just what I was looking for with my pasta. They key is keeping a close eye on the shrimp, making sure it does not scorch from the butter-induced flames. Restaurant quality! :D
This was ok.