Recipe by Gloria 15x
This is barbecued shrimp fit for a king and guess what the secret ingredient is---the BOURBON. The recipe is for the grill but I have cooked them on the stovetop with a little oil. Delich!
- 2 lbs large shrimp, deveined
- 2 cups prepared barbecue sauce
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces bottled Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Best with the shells. Chill the shrimp before starting prep.
- Make marinade by blending the barbecue sauce, lemon juice, dill weed, Worcestershire sauce, salad dressing and bourbon over low heat for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Cool the marinade and pour it over the shrimp and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours. The longer the better.
- Cook on the grill for about 5 minutes turning once.
- Heat the marinade and use it as a dipping sauce, laced with a little Tabasco sauce.