Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: "The Webb/Hughes Journal" This is NOT a white tablecloth "Company" dish! This is a protect the table with newspaper or throwaway paper tablecloth, roll up you sleeves and dive in with people that you are comfortable with while eating with your fingers kind of thing. Forget napkins paper or otherwise. Have a couple of rolls of paper towels handy. These shrimp are cooked in a sauce while still in the shell. Ain't no way to be neat while peeling and eating them.
- 5 lbs shrimp, unpeeled, raw
- 6 ounces orange juice, frozen concentrate
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lb butter, cut 1/4 inch thick pats
- 6 fluid ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Pickapeppa Sauce, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- all purpose Greek seasoning, to taste
- Distribute half of the butter pats evenly in a 9x13x2 inch baking dish.
- Add shrimp and sprinkle liberally with black pepper.
- Layer remaining butter over shrimp.
- Pour on lots of Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle on cayenne pepper (to taste).
- Sprinkle on Greek seasoning.
- In a measuring cup, stir together 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, Pick-a-Peppa (to taste) and the lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over shrimp.
- Spoon orange juice over all, making sure that there is at least 1/2 inch between top of mixture and the lip of the pan.
- Bake at 350°F in preheated oven.
- After 20 minutes slide out oven rack and stir mixture (carefully).
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Test to see if shrimp is done.
- Serve with lemon.
- For added eating pleasure, dip pieces of French bread into sauce.