Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is in an old edition of Better Homes and Garden New Cook Book. DH loves shrimp. I'm posting this and intend on trying it in the near future.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, snipped
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cream butter with all ingredients except shrimp.
- Divide shrimp equally on 6 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Top with butter mixture and seal foil around shrimp tightly.
- Place directly on hot coals.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes.
I did cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us & served it with some grilled potatoes ~ Definitely a winner of a recipe & for shrimp lovers, well worth making again! Very flavorful! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Very nice and flavorful shrimp.. I did though use 1 packet instead of the 6.. Had some of the extra shrimp with some brown rice too, and served with some garlic bread. The butter sauce< MMMmmm. Great stuff, also used a tad of this on the garlic bread too. Made for PRMR tag..
This is awesome! I used medium size, tail on shrimp. The shrimp were placed in one packet reserving some of the butter. The additional butter mixture was placed on top of fresh asparagus which was also put into a foil packet and cooked on the grill as well. I have an abundance of Thai basil and used that in place of the parsley. The shrimp was served on top of Guam's Red Rice for a quick and delightful meal. Made for ZWT 7.