Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
These are really good, when you want to splurge on buying short ribs. I brown and bake them in the same small roasting pan.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut ribs into sections 2 or 3" long.
- Brown in hot oil. Add onion and brown.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook slowly 1 1/2 hours at most or until tender.