- 1814.36 g short rib of beef (as lean as possible)
- 70.87 g box onion soup mix
- 59.16 ml vinegar
- 59.16 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml prepared mustard
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml catsup
- 340.19 g bottle chili sauce
- 29.58 ml oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat slowly on all sides in hot oil in a Dutch Oven. Pour off all fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to the meat. Cover and simmer very slowly until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove ribs from sauce. Pour sauce into deep container and refrigerate. When cooled remove layer of fat which has formed.
- At serving time spoon sauce over meat and heat slowly. Can be frozen.