Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy to make. The sauce is so good.
- 4 lbs short rib of beef (as lean as possible)
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) box onion soup mix
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Brown the meat slowly on all sides in hot oil in a Dutch Oven. Pour off all fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to the meat. Cover and simmer very slowly until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove ribs from sauce. Pour sauce into deep container and refrigerate. When cooled remove layer of fat which has formed.
- At serving time spoon sauce over meat and heat slowly. Can be frozen.