I love the vegetarian riblets I get from the grocery store, but I always want more! And these are vegan. So delicous you will not care if they are meat or not! Here is a recipe that looks so delicious I have placed it here to try asap! UPDATE: I made these leaving out the chipotle powder and they are delicious! A meat eater friend said he couldn't tell the difference from meat, and another picky friend asked me to make her more! Enjoy! From CookEatDelicious.com, by Raven Chelanee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons smoked dried chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Start with Barbecue sauce:.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- 4Cook for an hour stirring frequently.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Lightly oil an 8×8 baking dish.
- 7Combine the dry ingredients, first 5, together in a large bowl.
- 8In a small bowl combine water, tahini, and soy sauce.
- 9Add wet to dry ingredients, once just combined start to knead the dough lightly until all is well combined(If you let the liquids and wheat gluten sit together for too long it will become an unstretchable dough, so work fast once combined).
- 10Put dough into baking dish and flatten it out to evenly fit in pan.
- 11Cut into 8 strips and then down the middle to form 16 ‘ribs’.
- 12Bake for 25 minutes and prepare grill.
- 13Remove ‘ribs’ from the oven and gently re-cut the strips so that they will pull apart easily after being grilled.
- 14Generously brush with BBQ sauce.
- 15Place ‘ribs’ BBQ sauce side down on the grill.
- 16Brush remaining side with BBQ sauce.
- 17Grill each side until it is nicely browned or charred, based on your preference.
- 18Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Seitan Ribs & BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 480.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten
vegan worcestershire sauce