Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 3⁄4 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and cut into about 20 squares
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into eighths separated
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops
- 1 large green bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and cut into about 20 squares
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 fluid ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked
- Thread the shrimp, red pepper and half the onion onto four 12-inch skewers, running the skewer through each shrimp twice.
- Thread the scallops, green pepper and remaining onion onto 4 more skewers.
- Place on a large shallow platter.
- Combine the lime zest, lime juice, oil, honey, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Pour over the skewers and marinate, turning occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Coat the grill rack with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place the kebobs on grill rack 4 to 6 inches above medium-hot coals.
- Grill, turning once, just until the seafood is opaque, allowing about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and heat them on the grill.
- To make the fajitas, slide the seafood and vegetables off of each skewer into a warm tortilla.
- Add salsa to taste.
- Roll up tortilla to enclose the filling.
- Serve with refried beans and/or Mexican rice.