My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and cut into about 20 squares
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into eighths separated
- 3/4 lb sea scallops
- 1 large green bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and cut into about 20 squares
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 fluid ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked
- 1Thread the shrimp, red pepper and half the onion onto four 12-inch skewers, running the skewer through each shrimp twice.
- 2Thread the scallops, green pepper and remaining onion onto 4 more skewers.
- 3Place on a large shallow platter.
- 4Combine the lime zest, lime juice, oil, honey, garlic, pepper and salt.
- 5Pour over the skewers and marinate, turning occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Coat the grill rack with vegetable cooking spray.
- 7Place the kebobs on grill rack 4 to 6 inches above medium-hot coals.
- 8Grill, turning once, just until the seafood is opaque, allowing about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 9Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and heat them on the grill.
- 10To make the fajitas, slide the seafood and vegetables off of each skewer into a warm tortilla.
- 11Add salsa to taste.
- 12Roll up tortilla to enclose the filling.
- 13Serve with refried beans and/or Mexican rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Seafood Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 924.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: