Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
I got this recipe from Duncane Gas Grills. I am anxious to try it. It sounds so good! Serving amount is your choice, depending on how many steaks you buy. Cook time is appoximate.
- 5 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- garlic powder
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Baste steaks every 3 minutes or so with a mixture of the last 5 ingredients, as they are grilling.
- When finished cooking salmon will flake easily with fork.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place on serving platter and spoon more barbecue sauce over salmon.
Wow great flavors! I cooked it nice and gently for around 15 minutes over a low temperature and then cranked up towards the end for some nice grill marks. Apart from matching the salmon very well the sauce also made a great salad dressing, it went especially well with some feta cheese cubes.
This is a great recipe except when I cooked it on my grill pan, all the sugars in the sauce burned. Maybe I had the heat up too high, I'll have to try it again. Other than the slight burnt taste it was really good.
Oh boy, was this delicious! I loved the liquid smoke flavor.I halved the recipe and have sauce leftover so will just have to make it again! I found at the last second that I was out of brown sugar, so I subbed white sugar with some molasses added. Worked just fine. Thanks keen, for a yummy recipe that I will definately use again!!!