Barbecued Salmon Burgers on Lemon Dill Buns
- Combine and use to baste salmon then spread on buns, thin coating.
- To make the burger mixture, thoroughly combine the burger ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Divide into 4 portions, shape into patties 1/2 inch thick and 4 inches in diameter.
- Heat the barbecue grill until the coals glow red with white ash around the edge.
- The salmon patties are fragile, so handle them carefully; if you chill the patties on a plate in the refrigerator before putting them on the grill, they will hold together better.
- When the barbecue is heated, put the salmon patties on the grill at least 2 inches apart.
- Grill until the first side is nicely marked, about 2 minutes, then turn and baste with Lemon Sour Cream Butter.
- Continue cooking until the burgers are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Split the buns and, if desired, butter lightly with Lemon Sour Cream Butter and toast them on the grill.
- Spread the buns with mayonnaise or tartar sauce if using, add the burgers.