My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless salmon fillet, well-chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- lemon dill hot dog bun
- mayonnaise or homemade tartar sauce
Lemon Sour Cream Butter
- 1Combine and use to baste salmon then spread on buns, thin coating.
- 2To make the burger mixture, thoroughly combine the burger ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 3Divide into 4 portions, shape into patties 1/2 inch thick and 4 inches in diameter.
- 4Heat the barbecue grill until the coals glow red with white ash around the edge.
- 5The salmon patties are fragile, so handle them carefully; if you chill the patties on a plate in the refrigerator before putting them on the grill, they will hold together better.
- 6When the barbecue is heated, put the salmon patties on the grill at least 2 inches apart.
- 7Grill until the first side is nicely marked, about 2 minutes, then turn and baste with Lemon Sour Cream Butter.
- 8Continue cooking until the burgers are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
- 9Split the buns and, if desired, butter lightly with Lemon Sour Cream Butter and toast them on the grill.
- 10Spread the buns with mayonnaise or tartar sauce if using, add the burgers.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Salmon Burgers on Lemon Dill Buns
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.3 mg
- Sodium 954.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 49.9 g