Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 lb boneless skinless salmon fillet, well-chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced or pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- lemon dill hot dog bun
- mayonnaise or homemade tartar sauce
Lemon Sour Cream Butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine and use to baste salmon then spread on buns, thin coating.
- To make the burger mixture, thoroughly combine the burger ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Divide into 4 portions, shape into patties 1/2 inch thick and 4 inches in diameter.
- Heat the barbecue grill until the coals glow red with white ash around the edge.
- The salmon patties are fragile, so handle them carefully; if you chill the patties on a plate in the refrigerator before putting them on the grill, they will hold together better.
- When the barbecue is heated, put the salmon patties on the grill at least 2 inches apart.
- Grill until the first side is nicely marked, about 2 minutes, then turn and baste with Lemon Sour Cream Butter.
- Continue cooking until the burgers are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Split the buns and, if desired, butter lightly with Lemon Sour Cream Butter and toast them on the grill.
- Spread the buns with mayonnaise or tartar sauce if using, add the burgers.