Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a super easy and delicious recipe for salmon that I found in a Sunset magazine article about Kodiak Island, Alaska. It looks like a beautiful place!
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare your gas or charcoal grill for indirect heat cooking.
- Combine all ingredients except salmon, whisk to blend well.
- Grill the salmon, skin side down on heavy foil over indirect heat, brushing with the glaze every five minutes, just until opaque but still moist-looking in the center of the thickest part, about 25-30 minutes.
Oh my this is good. Loved the sweet and tangy glaze which nicely flavored the salmon. My fillet was thin so it cooked very quickly.
I cooked this inside on my indoor grill. The sauce produces a light glaze that is excellent on the fish. Thanks for posting this easy and delicious salmon recipe.