Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This dish is one of my favorites and so easy to make. The sauce has a mild, buttery sweet flavor. I have used it for both grilling and broiling salmon.
Top Review by SkylerFox
Yes, very simple, quick and easy to make and tasty. I agree. Mine was only 4 stars because the flare-ups on the bbq charred the exterior of the fish. Be careful and keep a close eye on it! The butter coating ignites. I walked away for just 2 minutes and it burned. It wasn't a total disaster though. I just cut away the black stuff. I will make this again but not walk away. Next time, I am going to try reserving a small portion of the glaze to drizzle over the top when time to serve. This was a keeper.
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 4 salmon fillets, skin attached
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together brown sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and butter until melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Place salmon on grill over hot coals with skin side down.
- Cover and baste with sauce 2-3 times during cooking. Do not turn.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when forked.
- Directions for Broiling: Prepare sauce as above, baste salmon with sauce 2-3 times during cooking and broil at medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until done.