Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
This recipe is over 30 years old and I can't remember who I got it from. I know the trend is for spicy barbecue now, but my family really loves the flavor of these tasty ribs. They are especially good when accompanied with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. *Note- cooking time is for the sauce only, not the ribs.
- 4 lbs ribs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in hot oil until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- After the ribs have cooked for 40 minutes, baste them well in sauce and cook 20 minutes longer or until well done.
- I cook the ribs on the grill in the summer and in the oven in the winter.
- This sauce is great on ANY kind of ribs!