Recipe by Carol in Oregon 2
This recipe came from an old cookbook that was given to me more than 30 years ago. Whenever I prepare this for guests, they always want to take some of the sauce home. It's simple, very good and satisfying.
Top Review by Hugce
Carol...I placed about 8 cube steaks in the crock pot along with sauce ingredients and slow cooked on high for about 6 hours. The house smelled great and the steaks melted in our mouths. Thanks
- 6 lbs country-style beef ribs or 6 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 4 onions, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (1 lb) can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat in a heavy skillet (I use cast iron).
- Combine remaining ingredients in large, deep kettle (I have a large electric roaster that works great for this).
- Bring to a boil, stirring often, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meat, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender.