1/1 Photo of Barbecued Ribs
2 hrs 30 mins
These ribs are first baked in oven and then finished on barbecue. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit (July, 1981). Prep time includes grilling and baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -8 lbs country-style pork ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chili sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 6 -8 dashes hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 4 -6 dashes Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Combine flour, paprika, garlic and pepper in large plastic bag.
- 3Add ribs to bag in batches, if necessary, coating well.
- 4Arrange ribs in roasting pan (large enough to fit ribs in single layer).
- 5Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until ribs are browned.
- 6Remove from oven and let cool while mixing sauce.
- 7Combine chili sauce, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce in medium saucepan.
- 8Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- 9Reduce to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- 10While sauce is cooking prepare barbecue.
- 11Remove sauce from heat and pour over ribs, turning to coat.
- 12Grill ribs, basting with sauce, for 15 minutes per side or until ribs are done.
- 13Cut ribs into serving pieces.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.8
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 222.6 mg
- Sodium 522.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 57.6 g