Recipe by Evie*
We usually have these on a weekend, another finger lickin good dish.
Top Review by najwa
I used chicken breasts as we don't eat pork ... This recipe was great!!! I made them in the crockpot and used tomato sauce instead of ketchup, so they wouldnt be too sweet ... My husband loved it!!
- 3 lbs lean pork spareribs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley (, to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place pork ribs in a large shallow roasting tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together in a saucepan the onion, garlic, ketchup, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, oil and seasoning.
- Bring to boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and reduce temperature to 350F degrees.
- Spoon over half the sauce, covering the ribs well and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn them over, baste with the remaining sauce and cook for a further 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the ribs with the parsley and serve.