Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From "The Best Slow Cooker Recipes".
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 crusty sandwich buns
- Combine the salt, cumin, paprika, black pepper and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub over the roast.
- Place the onion and green pepper in the slow cooker and add the pork.
- Combine the barbecue sauce and brown sugar and pour over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Transfer the roast to a cutting board.
- Trim and discard the fat from the roast.
- Using two forks, pull the pork into coarse shreds.
- Serve the pork with the sauce on sandwich rolls.