Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a amazing dish. It's easy & a real crowd pleaser. I bring it in my crockpot to all kinds of picnics and get rave reviews. I never really liked pork until I made this for my hubby who loves pork. Now I can't get enough. I use my own barbque recipie, it's posted, try it.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- sandwich buns or cooked rice
- Combine all spices in a bowl and rub onto roast. I sometimes let my roast marinade in the rub over night.
- Place pepper & onion into slow cooker, add roast. I don't use the green pepper.
- Combine sauce & brown sugar and pour over meat. Cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hours. Or until you can shred the meat easily with two forks. I normally cook mine 15-20 hrs in crockpot but it should be done much sooner than that.
- Serve on Buns or over rice.
I made this exactly as written; my first attempt at pulled pork. The entire family liked it very much and I will be making it again.
I've been making this recipe for several years from my "Slow Cooker Magic in Minutes" cookbook and came to Zaar to post it today, but see it's already here (I love it when that happens!). It is WONDERFUL! I always freeze the leftovers in several small containers for quick & easy weeknight meals. Like previous posters, I leave out the green pepper and skip the brown sugar. I usually use Bullseye Original BBQ Sauce but today am trying KC Masterpiece Original. I know it will be fabulous! Thanks for posting. :)
I found it to be easy, tender and okay.