Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious side that's great for pot luck or cookout! Easy to make, too. My friend, Betsy, gave me the recipe several years ago and we've been enjoying it ever since. The number of potatoes is a guestimate because another friend, who raises potatoes in her garden, gives them to me and they vary in size.
- 6 -8 baking potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlekraft barbecue sauce
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan with Pam and layer potatoes evenly.
- Combine the dressing and the barbecue sauce well and pour evenly over potatoes.
- Cover pan with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour.
The combination of Catalina dressing and barbecue sauce tasted terrific! I cooked browned pork chops and potatoes in a frying pan over low heat for one hour and they came out perfect. This is a great recipe for a tangy, and lighter, tasting sauce than just using barbecue sauce alone -- definitely a winner!
I made this with four large Yukon Gold potatoes, and used Bullseye barbeque sauce. It was very good...smells great while cooking !