Amber of AZ's Note:
I found this in the Arizona Republic reprinted originally from the Chicago Tribune and thought the combination sounded delightful. When I calculated this recipe out to 8 ponts per serving I was even more thrilled. Tasty and hearty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn kernel, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and minced, if preferred use a small 4 ounce can of green chilis for sensitive tummies
- 3 cups leftover pork or 3 cups beef, barbecue or 1 (18 ounce) container refrigerated pork or 1 (18 ounce) container beef, barbecue shredded bbq chicken tastes great too
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine cornbread mix, milk and egg in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir in corn, cheese, onions, and jalapeno or green chilis.
- 4This mixture will be thick.
- 5Pour into a greased, 8- inch square baking dish.
- 6Bake until knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 7Let cool 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, heat barbecued pork and mustard in a covered saucepan over low heat until hot throughout, about 10 minutes.
- 9Cut cornbread into 6 squares.
- 10Halve the squares horizontally; place on serving plates.
- 11Spoon pork on top of one square on each plate; top with the other square to make a sandwich.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Pork With Cheese Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.6
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 596.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: