2 hrs 20 mins
Here is my recipe for barbecued pork sandwiches that will feed approximately 50 people. When I used to cater, this is how I made it for Graduations, Anniversaries, Family Reunions and company picnics! Hope this helps you out if you have a large group to serve, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- hamburger buns or roll, of your choice
- 1Trim surface fat from pork.
- 2Place meat in large dutch oven or stockpot, cover with water and add salt, 2 teaspoons of the pepper and chopped onion.
- 3Cover and simmer for 2 hours, or until meat pulls away from the bone.
- 4Cool meat in broth until it can be handled. Drain off broth and save for a different use.
- 5Shred meat. Cover. Set aside.
- 6In a large dutch oven or stockpot, combine remaining ingredients. (Don't forget the other 2 teaspoons pepper.).
- 7Bring to a boil, add pork and heat thoroughly.
- 8Adjust seasonings if needed.
- 9Serve with buns or rolls.
- 10Serves 50.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Pork Shoulder for 50 (Pulled Pork)
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 539.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 22.0 g