Recipe by UnknownChef86
Here's a serious barbecue, southern style. Pork slow-roasted until fork tender and piled on a soft roll to soak up the juices. Prepared barbecue sauce comes in a variety of flavors-hot, mild, sweet or spicy-choose your favorite for custom-tailored taste.
- 680.38 g boneless pork roast
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 510.29 g jar barbecue sauce, your choice
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat a Dutch oven for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Brown pork on all sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add barbecue sauce to Dutch oven; cover and bake 1 ½ hours until pork is fork-tender.
- Transfer pork to cutting board.
- Slice into thin pieces.
- Return to Dutch oven and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Place rolls on serving plate.
- Divide pork mixture and spoon into each roll.
- Serve with coleslaw, if desired.