We really love this quesadilla. It is different than others we have had.
Make and share this Barbecued Pork Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb shredded barbecued pork
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 green onions, minced
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- sour cream
- sliced green onion
- barbecue sauce
- fresh cilantro, sprig
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Spoon pork mixture evenly on 1 side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to seal. Spread butter on both sides of quesadillas.
- Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat, and cook quesadillas 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Cut each quesadilla in half for main-dish servings or in quarters for appetizer servings. Serve with desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: You can buy pork already barbecued if you want to make this easier.
had picked up a 2pound package of pulled pork from Costco. We had made barbecue rolls over the weekend, and looked for something else. I sauteed some chopped green pepper and onion wedges, and added them to the pork, which we mixed with SE Carolina (vinegar) sauce. DH and I each ate ALMOST an entire 8" quesadilla --and couldn't finish the last slice. Very tasty ! tanks for posting, seesko.
We enjoyed these tasty quesadillas. But DH and I didn't really care for the sour cream so we just dipped in more bbq sauce. I did use cheddar cheese because I was out of the mexi blend. I plan to use more cilantro next time. Overall we had a very good lunch today. Thanks for posting. :)
Quick, easy, and tasty quesadilla. I used leftovers from Kalua Pork, added the other ingredients and made as directed except that I left out the cilantro (personal perference). The kalua pork really gave this a nice smokey taste. Thanks seesko for sharing this great keeper. Made for Photo Tag.