Recipe by Trisha W
This has been my family's favorite way to eat pork chop through the years. This recipe is a stove top recipe, but we use this same homemade bbq sauce to baste when we grill chops (and chicken) outside.
- 6 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chops in a small amount of oil or shortening, pour off grease.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the last 5 ingredients together and pour over the chops.
- Cover and simmer until tender (about one hour), turning occasionally.
- This sauce can also be used to baste meat (chops and chicken) grilled outdoors, as it is very tasty.