Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chili sauce
- 8 pork chops
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over seasoned chops in glass baking dish, cover and bake at 400 F degrees for 1-1/2 hours, uncovering last 30 minutes.
- Water may be added to make gravy.
- Delicious with ribs also.
I liked this recipe very much. Usually I follow recipes exactly, but after looking at a couple other very similar recipes and reading the reviews on this one, I made a couple of changes. My chops were 3/4 inch thick and there were 5 of them. The recipe plus 1 tablespoon worcestershire and 3 medium cloves garlic minced. I then covered and marinated in fridge for 4 hours. When I cooked them; I did 350 for 45 min covered, then uncovered and flipped chops and baked uncovered 15 min more. I drained all the juices and added roux to make gravy in a saucepan. Kinda sweet and sour tasting gravy but went well with pork. Good recipe.
I liked this recipe. The cooking time was correct for my 1 1/2" thick pork chops. I'll be cooking this again and will probably try with the thinner pork chops and cut the cooking time. It's a great BBQ taste when the weather is bad and I can't BBQ.
Why do you have to bake pork chops,this is a B.B.Q recipe. Depending on the size and the amount of time to marinate,they shouldn't be more than 15-20 minutes on the B.B.Q