Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is in "The Best of Country Cooking 2000" from Karen Collins, Wauseon, Ohio. This is her description: "The best compliment a cook can receive is to be asked for the recipe of a dish she's served. That's happened almost every time I've made these pork chops. The sauce gives them a great barbecue flavor." Preparation time does not include marinating time:
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 6 pork chops, 1 to 1-1/2 in. thick
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar and molasses; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into a shallow glass container or large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops and turn to coat.
- Cover or seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain, discarding marinade; place chops in a shallow ungreased baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until smooth. Brush over both sides of the chops.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink and glaze is lightly browned.