Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Grilling adds a subtle smoky flavor and brings out the natural sweetness of the fruit. Serve with the main course or as a dessert over ice cream. Pineapple is excellent by itself or with this delicious sauce.
- Cut the top and bottom off on a fresh pineapple. Take the knife run it down the sides of the skin. Cut the pineapple in wedges. Discard the core.
- Melt the butter and rum together.
- Place the pineapple on the grill and brush with the rum butter mixture.
- Grill until nice grill markings are on the pineapple, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Kebobs: Cut the pineapple in chunks and thread on a wooden skewer (soak the wooden skewers in water first to prevent burning).
- Kids: omit the rum, and use just melted butter.