Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mediterranean-style bbq'd fish. Simple, easy and very tasty! Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish steaks.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 salmon steaks or 4 tuna steaks, etc
- Put basil, garlic and cashews into food processor. While processing pour the oil in a steady stream through the top, until well blended.
- Add the parmesan and process for 15 seconds.
- Spread pesto over both sides of fish and wrap securely in a buttered piece of foil.
- Place on preheated grill over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Wonderful, simple salmon recipe. I loved the addition of lemon with the pesto sauce. My fillets took 15 minutes. It was beautiful served alongside some roasted asparagus.
This was easy and delicious - I used salmon fillets and oven baked it for 25 minutes. I'd never thought of using pesto and salmon together before - thanks for the inspiration, Fairy! :-) Made for Recipe Swap July 2008 in the Australian/NZ forum.
I made this recipe for supper with salmon filet;it's great!I did not have cashews; used pine nuts.Thank you for sharing this tasty dish.