Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Good side dish for barbecue or meat dishes. I posted this for a request so hope you like it. The recipe says to chill but I think it would be even better hot. You decide.
- 1 cup catsup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups sliced yellow onions
- Combine all but onion in a large saucepan, bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions; cover and simmer 3 minutes.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve with vegetables or barbecued meat.