1/2 Photos of Barbecued Onion Relish
This is a great relish for hot dogs, hamburgers or grilled sausages! There are a few ingredients, but don't let that stop you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- 2Add onions, sugar and salt. Cover and cook until the onions are wilted and juicy, but not browned, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 3Add chili powder, garlic and red pepper. Sauté 4 minutes.
- 4Stir in barbecue sauce, beer, molasses, mustard, vinegar and soy sauce.
- 5Simmer uncovered until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 6Cool to room temperature. Cover tightly and refrigerate 24 hours for flavors to develop.
- 7Can be made up to 1 week ahead.
- 8To serve warm, simmer over low heat.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Onion Relish
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 411.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g