Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
BBq sauce and dryonion soup mix gives plenty of flavor to this quick meal..
Make and share this Barbecued Onion Meat Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup crushed seasoning prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, stuffing, and onion soup mix.
- Crumble beef over mixtureand mix well.
- Shape into 5 loaves, and arrange around edges of a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave uncovered 4 1/2-5 1/2 minutes or until no pink remains, and meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
- Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Cover with remaining barbecue sauce.
This was a pretty good recipe for being made in the microwave (which I didn't even realize until I started cooking it). I followed the instructions as written and we wound up forming the loaves into patties and serving them on buns with melted cheddar and BBQ sauce and it made a tasty little dinner that was done in no time! I'm definitely going to keep this in my regular rotation for the evenings that I work, and my husband has to make dinner. I'm also considering making a bunch of these little gems to keep in the freezer. Thanks for posting! It's a keeper!
Very quick and easy for that meal in 15 minutes. This is my first time cooking meat in the microwave. I was inpressed. My microwave is old so I cooked it more like 13 or 14 minutes. Made for PRMR.