Recipe by cookin'forusinTN
This is a great little appetizer, it can also be made into a meal, I usually serve it over rice with a side salad. I always double the recipe when I make this. You can use mini frozen meatballs to cut down prep & cook time. I have also been known to substitute peach preserves for apricot.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) packageoscar mayer hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup kraft original barbecue sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX meat and onion. Shape into 24 (1-inch) meatballs. Cook in large skillet on medium heat until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally; drain.
- ADD wieners, preserves and barbecue sauce; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- STIR in pineapple; heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.