Recipe by Ppaperdoll
A fruit dessert for the BBQ from Australian Table magazine. Good with vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by Slash Chef
I had a bunch of nectarines from my grandma's tree and decided to try this. It turned out really well, very tasty. Grilling gave the nectarines a great flavor. I didn't have icecream on hand, but I whisked the leftover reduced honey/orange juice syrup into plain yogurt and put that on top of the fruit. The yogurt had a great tangy sweetness that really complimented the grilled fruit. Thanks for the recipe.
- 60 ml honey (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 6 nectarines, halved and stoned
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a barbecue grill or hot coals to high heat.
- Place honey, orange juice and rind in a small bowl and mix well. Brush over nectarines. Cook nectarines on barbecue for 3 minutes, turning frequently, until softened and starting to brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, place remaining honey mixture in a small saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes. Spoon over nectarines and serve with vanilla ice cream.