Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
A recipe copied down years ago. Preparation time also includes the marinating time.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, quartered
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a bowl beat together wine, oil, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Place chicken in a bowl or plastic bag and add marinate.
- Marinate at room temperature 1 to 1 1/2 hours, agitating chicken now and then to coat it with the sauce.
- Grill chicken 4-6 inches above hot fire, turning and basting as needed to cook evenly and prevent charring.
- Chicken will require 35 to 40 minutes cooking time.
- Combine remaining marinade with the mustard and honey.
- Brush over chicken and grill over coals until glazed.